Copyright © newton village hall
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Newton Village Hall, Caswell
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Newton Village Hall is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Newton Village Hall complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
· To enable us to provide a room hiring service for Groups and Classes at the Hall;
· To fundraise and promote the interests of the Hall;
· To manage our employees and volunteers;
· To maintain our own accounts and records;
· To maintain Membership records for the Friends of Newton Village Hall;
To inform you of news, events and activities running at Newton Village Hall.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
· Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services at the Hall.
· To enable communication with Group Leaders and Class Leaders regarding their hire of the Hall and to provide information in regard to events that may be of interest to them.
· Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
· To allow communication to the Friends of Newton Village Hall in regard to events, notices and information pertaining to their membership.
· To maintain a volunteer database for the smooth running of the Hall.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other Hall Committee members for purposes connected with the Hall. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the Hall with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
Data will only be kept if relevant. This includes requests to hire the Hall, the term of current hire of the Hall, for current volunteers, for employment purposes or if express interest in receiving marketing material has been received.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which Newton Village Hall holds about you;
· The right to request that Newton Village Hall corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Newton Village Hall to retain such data;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
· The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Newton Village Hall Administrator at email@example.com or 01792 369420.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.